ensure the flow and the quality of data
METIS SHIP CONNECT
Data Acquisition as a Service
METIS is the only company offering Data Acquisition as a service. We do not just sell yet another piece of onboard hardware. With METIS Ship Connect we provide an integrated solution that ensures trouble-free data acquisition — keeping everything running smoothly is an integral part of your service contract with us. METIS Ship Connect forms the solid, reliable data acquisition layer on which we base all further processing and analysis.
The cornerstone of METIS Ship Connect is our custom designed and manufactured Wireless Integrated Collector (WIC). WIC devices connect directly to the machinery, instruments and/or sensors they monitor. WICs have wired and wireless networking options for minimizing dependence on cabling thus simplifying installation. When in relative proximity to each other, WICs support self-organizing, ad hoc wireless sub-networks that are interconnected through the vessel LAN backbone. The final topology chosen depends on vessel equipment arrangement and project requirements.
Onboard equipment that WICs are most commonly connected to and key monitored quantities include:
- TORQUE METER
- ME FO FLOW METER
- DG FO FLOW METER
- AUX BOILER FLOW METER
- ME RPM
- ME T/C RPM
- DGs OUTPUT POWER
- TANK LEVEL MONITORING
- AIR TEMPERATURE
- AIR HUMID.
- ATM. PRESSURE
- BWT SYSTEM
A typical system layout is illustrated in the following figure:
METIS Ship Connect is a comprehensive solution that takes care of all aspects of data acquisition:
- Onboard Installation, testing & unattended periodic system health checks
- Remote device monitoring (24/7) by our operations department
- Troubleshooting & Support for the crew or for the technical department ashore
- Replacement devices (free of charge) in the unlikely event of a device failure
METIS Ship Connect
we take the burden off your shoulders
You can focus on your core business
while we take care of the rest
METIS Ship Connect
- The primary network for transferring data onboard is industrial ZigBee based on the IEEE802.15.4 wireless protocol
- The first level of signal filtering and processing implemented at the data acquisition edge-devices is powerful enough to ensure clean data for any backend system
- The system estimates the confidence interval (or error) for each measurement, taking into account the signal sampling and processing method
Wireless Intelligent Collectors
METIS WIC (Wireless Intelligent Collector) is a smart device that collects all data acquired from a variety of equipment on board (Navigation, AMS, Torque Meter, Flowmeters, etc.). It analyzes the signals (analog/digital) and transmits the required output through a dedicated, robust wireless network (industrial ZigBee 2.4 GHz). Each WIC provides enough computing power for supporting numerous operations such as pre-processing of data, generation of synthetic data for realistic use-case simulation, or even logging of QoS parameters. WIC devices are designed and manufactured under METIS specifications and supervision.
Certified by Lloyd's Register
At METIS Cybertech we are proud that the entire range of WIC devices enabling our data acquisition service offering has received the prestigious Lloyd’s Register Type Approval Certificate for marine, offshore and industrial applications. Our customers can be confident that they are provided with a reliable platform conforming to recognized industry quality standards, International Conventions and Lloyd’s Register strictest testing procedures.
Things to consider when choosing a Data Acquisition System
We are proud to have the most thorough sensor and measurement equipment compatibility list
* If you feel confident about your data, we can integrate with your existing data acquisition system to provide the rest of our services.