METIS sets Information Intelligence at the disposal of the global maritime industry. METIS has been designed and implemented to address the requirements of Technical & Operations Departments of Maritime Companies. The solution incorporates fully automated, accurate and reliable Data Acquisition combined with the novel idea of virtual cloud-based agents, which analyse operational or engineering processes and provide useful feedback in the form of analysis conclusions and events detection reporting to multiple users.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at METIS you will become a part of a scrum team consisting of other ML engineers, data analysts and software developers. Application of Machine Learning methodologies on top of streaming sensor/IoT data, as well as NLP will be your main occupation. This includes time series analysis, pattern recognition, anomaly detection, supervised/unsupervised modelling regarding IoT and text processing, NER as part of a conversational application in the maritime industry. You will cooperate closely with a team of naval engineers and DevOps specialists for designing, deploying and maintaining the solutions. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work in a high paced environment using cutting edge technology and collaborate with experienced and passionate professionals. Participation in research projects, conferences and training courses is also being offered.
The minimum technical requirements for the Machine Learning Engineer position are:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
· 3+ years working experience in Python and object-oriented design concepts
· Relevant experience in the fields of Machine Learning and Neural Networks
· Deep understanding of Big Data and distributed systems
· Understanding of modern API design, RESTful principles and SOA
· Familiarity with Git or similar version control systems
The following qualifications will be considered an asset:
· Experience with Big Data frameworks (Spark, TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, etc.)
· Relevant experience in the fields of Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning
· Prior hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
· Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) methodology
The successful candidate should:
· possess excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
· contribute to a positive team environment
· fully understand software engineering concepts and procedures
· be fluent in English
· demonstrate strong technical writing skills
· be organized and methodical
· enjoy learning new things!