METIS sets Information Intelligence at the disposal of the Global Maritime Industry. METIS has been designed and implemented to address the requirements of Technical & Operations Departments of Maritime Companies. The solution incorporates fully automated, accurate and reliable Data Acquisition combined with the novel idea of virtual cloud-based agents, which analyse operational or engineering processes and provide useful feedback in the form of analysis, conclusions and event detection reported to multiple users.
- Setup the reference lines for the ideal operation of vessel hull and machinery.
- Develop and create visualizations based on maritime needs.
- Data quality and validation of measurements received from on-board sensors.
- Investigate incidents through multiple KPIs.
- Analyze vessel performance and create reports.
- Develop and test new methodologies and functions for KPIs calculations.
- Stay up to date regarding maritime specifications and new regulations.
- Communicating with customers regarding technical issues.
- Support the development of the new product/features specs.
- Support the testing phase of the new products.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation
The minimum technical requirements for the Performance Analyst position are:
- BSc Naval or Mechanical Engineer, or relevant engineering diploma.
- Knowledge of BI tools like Power BI, Tableau, Grafana etc.
- 3+ years of experience in relevant fields, preferably in maritime sector.
- Fluency in both written and oral communication in English
- Experience in Machine Learning methodologies (e.g. supervised/unsupervised learning, deep learning, natural language processing)
The following qualifications will be considered an asset:
- Good knowledge of coding languages (e.g. Python)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data databases
The successful candidate should:
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Cooperative with positive attitude and strong teamwork attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer communication skills
- Be organized and methodical