METIS sets Information Intelligence at the disposal of the global maritime industry. METIS has been designed and implemented to address the requirements of Technical & Operations Departments of Maritime Companies. The solution incorporates fully automated, accurate and reliable Data Acquisition combined with the novel idea of virtual cloud-based agents, which analyse operational or engineering processes and provide useful feedback in the form of analysis conclusions and events detection reporting to multiple users.
As a Python Software Engineer at METIS you will become a part of a team consisting of Software Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and DevOps Engineers among others. The complete software development lifecycle using Python will be your main occupation. This includes implementing containerized applications, software testing, library development, data analytics and machine learning tasks using distributed frameworks. You will cooperate closely with a team of naval engineers and DevOps specialists for designing, deploying and maintaining the solutions. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to work in a high paced environment using cutting edge technology and collaborate with experienced and passionate professionals. Participation in research projects, conferences and training courses is also being offered.
The minimum technical requirements for the Python Software Engineer position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years working experience in Python and object-oriented design concepts
- Understanding of Big Data and Machine Learning concepts
- Understanding of modern API design, RESTful principles and SOA
- Familiarity with Git or similar version control systems
The following qualifications will be considered an asset:
- Experience with Big Data frameworks (Spark, TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, etc.)
- Relevant experience in the fields of Natural Language Processing and Deep Learning
- Prior hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) methodology
The successful candidate should:
- possess excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- contribute to a positive team environment
- fully understand software engineering concepts and procedures
- be fluent in English
- demonstrate strong technical writing skills
- be organized and methodical
- enjoy learning new things!